Prayer of a sick person

O Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour, Physician of souls and bodies, who become man and suffer death on the Cross for our salvation, and through Your tender love and compassion did heal all manner of sickness and affliction; visit me O Lord in my suffering, and grant me grace and strength to bear this sickness with which I am afflicted, with Christian patience and submission to Your will, trusting in Your loving kindness and tender mercy. Bless, I pray to You, the means used for my recovery, and those who administer them. I know O Lord, that I justly deserve any punishment You might inflict upon me for. I have so often offended You and sinned against You, in thought, word and deed. Therefore, I humbly pray to You, look upon my weakness, and deal not with me after my sins, but according to the multitude of Your mercies. Have compassion on me, and let mercy and justice meet; and deliver me from this sickness and suffering I am undergoing. Grant that my sickness may be the means of my true repentance and amendment of my life according to Your will, that I may spend the rest of my days in Your love and fear: that my soul, being helped by Your grace and sanctified by Your Holy Mysteries, may be prepared for its passage to the Eternal Life, and there, in the company of Your blessed Saints, may praise and glorify You with Your Eternal Father and Life-giving Spirit. Amen.

source: http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/prayers/2007/10/a-prayer-of-a-sick-person/

Comments

Popular Posts